Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:07:03AM -0500, Conrad Nelson wrote:

> Debian's obsession with free software conformity is, indeed, a
> weakness. Before you blast me, I'm just going to point out I
> subscribe more to the Torvalds school of thought on open source, NOT
> the Stallman school. Richard Stallman over-politicizes/idealizes the
> idea of open source ...

No, he rejects the term "open source" entirely. He uses "Free Software".

> ... tries to make it almost a moral/spiritual thing ...

Moral/ethical. For Richard it isn't about usefulness or practical issues,
it's literally the idea that legislating who can use software and how is
evil.

Disclaimer: I have met and talked with rms, though that was years ago and
we've spoken maybe ten times ever.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!