Re: wireless problem

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 07:40:02 +0200
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> I usually purge network-manager and install
> wicd.  I think in your previous case wicd didn't start and couldn't
> run because network-manager was still running and had the interfaces
> busy.

Yes thanks for this explanation. I found that by editing this:

/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

[ifupdown]

managed=true

I changed to:

managed=false

That takes NM out of the picture whilst still on the computer.

I've not had such a success with wicd as you and others. I don't quite know why
this is. NM and wicd together don't mix well together, and I didn't want all those
Gnome dependencies that come with NetworkManager-gnome

Finally solved my problems with the:

 Penguin Wireless N USB Adapter for GNU / Linux (TPE-N150USB)

by getting my /etc/network/interfaces in order thanks to Brian's post of this same
thread. Way to go Brian.

--
CK