OT: sudo questions

On Tue, 2013-08-20 at 18:06 +0200, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
> [ ubuntu | archlinux | gentoo ]

$ cat /etc/issue
Arch Linux \r (\l)

This is my "main" distro, IOW the distro I like the best, while
switching to systemd wasn't the best idea, it split the community,
people were banned from the mailing list and now it's a hardcore
moderated mailing list.

I suspect the best mailing lists for newbies are Ubuntu mailing lists,
followed by this Debian list, other lists are a little bit strange. IOW
newbies should use Ubuntu or Debian.

Funny thread:
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2013-August/094164.html

And I run into similar situation, so I closed a thread at
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2013-August/msg00117.html

I would call the Ubuntu and Debian communities liberal :), FWIW the Arch
community is liberal too, just the original mailing list is hard to use.

However, an issue, especially for newbies are many Linux mailing lists.
It seems to be, that Jesus Christ had not to suffer that hard, as
several Linux (userspace) coders and some disciples do from those many
evil users who don't contribute by following their directives and
opinions :D.

Resume:

There are many good linux distributions we could install, but there are
only a few communities with "normal" [1] people.

        [1] "normal" in this context is for people who have a live
        beside Linux, with friends who don't know what Linux is. I bet
        the friends of some of those "abnormal" coders and disciples be
        sick of hearing them talking about Linux.

A major distro with a huge community of "normal" people (Arch btw. is a
major distro too), IMO is the best way to go.

2 Cents,
Ralf