Re: sudo questions

On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 11:12 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 8/19/13, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> > I know you would like the installer to do exactly what your custom
> > strategy is for your system.  But that is difficult.  There are many
> > custom strategies.
>
> Debian IS! THE! Universal! Operating! System!

I agree with Bob and Zenaan.

My focus is on Arch Linux, Debian and Ubuntu. The only other distro kept
on my machine is an outdated Suse, but I tested several other distros
too, but what I really used installed to my machines were Suse, Debian,
Ubuntu, 64 Studio (= Debian and Ubuntu depending to it's release) and
Arch Linux.

For other tastes, there are other good distros too. Bad distros among
the well known IMO are only those, that don't have a community, such as
e.g. Mint. Mint might be ok, but when those people run into issues, they
ask at Debian and Ubuntu lists.

Regards,
Ralf