Re: Loopback filesystems for mail storage

PS: My suggestion to use git as an email filesystem store was in jest.
ZFS however is a serious consideration for myself, for TiB+ size
filesystems at least.
BTRFS and perhaps XFS are starting now to look at the
internal-consistency assurance problem too finally (from what I read a
month or so ago), due to necessity as we now hit multi-TiB
filesystems.
PPS: I trust the dd solution may be useful to you - trivial way to
create a very large, but perfectly sparse, file, into which you can
mkfs.whatever, and then loopback mount. Simple, easy, very useful -
and hard won on my part, I went and cut-and-pasted from a hackish
script I use that dd line in.