Re: Quoting Style

On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 17:22 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> > Bob Proulx a écrit :
> > > Blue?  You mean as in html email?  Colors will be lost entirely when
> > > reading the mail as plain text.
> >
> > Some mail/news readers such as Thunderbird can apply different color and
> > format to quoted text. This makes reading much easier.
>
> But those colors are picked by the reader, not the writer.  When the
> writer says blue there isn't any connection to the color applied by
> the reader's mail-user-agent which could be green or red or other
> color.  So I think the writer here was talking about html colors.

Or the OP assumes that everybody set up the reader the same way ;). Many
people don't understand that some people customize their computer apps,
they aren't aware what abilities Linux has got to fit to the users
needs, completely without programming.

It's very simple, the standard everybody can read is plain text, 7-bit
ASCII and a smart user will use a fixed and not a proportional font. You
can read it on Braille, black and white, green and red. Even some Linux
users guess that everybody has got the same fonts installed, the same
monitor resolution etc..