Re: lxde and focus follow mouse... not happening

Ralph Katz <ralph.katz@rcn.com> writes:

> On 08/04/2013 10:25 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
>> set for focus to follow mouse but still it does not happen.
>>
>> Details:
>> Running an lxde desktop. I'm setup for ~/.xinitrc to invoke lxde.
>>
> [...]
>> Ok, so what else to do to make focus follow mouse?
>
> Maybe check to see if you are actually running another window manager?
> It happened to me once long ago.  Look for metacity, xfwm4, etc here:
> ~$ ps -ef

Good call.  It turned out I was logging into something called
gnome/openbox.

When I actually logged into LXDE the problem disappeared.

I suppose I could persue why 'focus follows mouse' doesn't work in
gnome/openbox but I don't really care enough since I don't like
openbox much anyway.  I meant to be using LXDE all along.

This is a vm (vbox) with debian as guest, and has been setting here
unused a good while... I fired it up and updated everthing, and never
noticed I was in something besides LXDE.  After a few days of setup,
finally got around to being bothered enough missing 'focus follows
mouse' to start snivelling.