Re: Over 2.5 GB ram problem

On 7/11/2013 12:05 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
Well I rebooted the system and went to Bios setup. The Bios shows 4, 1GB
memory modules. When boot starts the bios memory test ratchets up to 2.5
GB and stops. The problem seems to be with the bios and not the OS. The
motherboard is an Intel D865PERL. The MOBO instructions specifically
state that the MOBO will handle a maximum of 4GB memory. I used a post
card when I recently installed this board. There were no post errors
shown. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gary R

Maybe a bad memory module? Try swapping them around and see if anything changes.