Re: Over 2.5 GB ram problem

On 7/13/2013 3:09 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
> And don't
> forget that as the BIOS self tests it only finds 2.8 GB even though all
> 4 memory chips are detected.

Finally we're getting somewhere.

The entire length of this thread I was assuming you were seeing 4GB at
POST.  You never stated otherwise, and ASSURED us the system had 4GB of
RAM.  It doesn't.  There are 4GB of DIMMs apparently installed, but
that's much different than the "system having 4GB".

What you have is mismatched memory.  Read the DIMM specs in that manual
PDF.  The board supports DDR 200/266, and supports single and double
sided DIMMs, BUT not in all density (DIMM size) and frequency combinations.

I.e. when all 4 slots are filled you must have a specific combination of
DIMM sizes and "sidedness" for the board to recognize and use all 4GB.
Read the manual and look at all 4 of those DIMMs and you'll identify the
problem.  The fix will require that you acquire some different memory,
either 2 or all 4 of the sticks.

--
Stan