Re: *Another* Backup software question...

On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 14:03 -0600, Glenn English wrote:
> I can't imagine how many studios and artists have lost their masters...

We had this issue with BASF video tapes in the 80s. In the VTR room at
least two machines were running the whole day, just to copy the tapes
that were not completely lost. Usually such an issue attracts attention
and the archived tapes can be copied. I can't remember, if there was
serious loss by the analog copying and  don't remember how many tapes
couldn't be copied.