Re: *Another* Backup software question...

On Jul 16, 2013, at 12:53 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:

> Have a look at:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape-Open

Been there, done that. They're lovely. But as best I remember, LTO didn't exist (or it was preposterously expensive) 10 or 12 years ago, when I was looking for what I would consider a solid backup system. I'm looking forward to an LTO when the DLT drive goes belly up.

This thread got me looking around a bit, and DLT seems all but non-existant these days. I don't think I can even get tapes for my slightly odd DLT drive any more, not from Newegg anyway...

--
Glenn English