Re: command line hesitations and pixel fuzz (blit leakage?) in xfce4-terminal

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Mike Kupfer <m.kupfer@acm.org> wrote:
Joel Rees wrote:

> > Anybody else seen this? Have an idea what's going on?

I haven't seen this, nor do I know what's going on, but here are some
things I would check if I were seeing that sort of video breakage:

Thanks for responding. I was wondering if everyone had kill-filed me.

Do you have compositing enabled (under Window Manager Tweaks)?  If you
do, does the problem go away if you disable compositing?

Compositing is not enabled, according to the GUI. Maybe I should try enabling it. (My son's monopolizing the box right now.)

I'm assuming that you're using more or less standard Xfce.

Haven't been ambitious enough to do a lot of modding, so it should be. But I'm not confident I got all the implicit dependencies taken care of when I upgraded from squeeze to wheezy.

 If that's
incorrect, a more detailed description of your desktop setup would be
helpful.

And do you know what video card you're using and what driver?

On-board graphics on a cheap AMD (Sempron) motherboard -- VIA KM266pro, I think, maybe KM400, + VT8237 -- from about eight or nine years ago.

Again, I'll have to get my son to finish up what he's doing, to look at the dmesg and /proc carefully. A quick scan didn't find me the drivers and he wants to play with the internet.

regards,
mike

--
Joel Rees