Re: command line hesitations and pixel fuzz (blit leakage?) in xfce4-terminal

More information:

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
Ever since the update to wheezy, xfce4-terminal has been slow to respond to a carriage return, and sometimes it leaves graphical update trash in the screen.

In other words, rastor update trash -- horizontal and diagonal lines and partial lines.

(Could not remember the word "rastor" yesterday. I shouldn't be losing it yet at 53!)

Hidden windows will look like the old static-filled analog TV screen, and the line where you are typing input will get similar trash , maybe including repeated character output.

url recognition interacts with the bug. For example, after apt-get update reports the list of hits and gets, I can hover over a url in the list with the mouse pointer and the url will fuzzout or whiteout.

Definitely a problem with restoring the screen contents after, in this case, showing the url underline and erasing it.

I'd suspect gpm, but it was doing this before I installed gpm (actually, re-installed, because the upgrade told me I should let it de-install it).

In active command line, it would be updating the line after echoing the input key, I'd guess.

Anybody else seen this? Have an idea what's going on?

I'm assuming/hoping it's some setting I need to fix.

It would be nice if anyone else has seen it, although, if no one else has seen it I suppose I should start suspecting hardware.

Should I post output from dmesg?

--
Joel Rees