Re: *Another* Backup software question...

Am 12.07.2013 um 15:43 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:

CDs, DVDs and USB sticks etc. aren't safe medias. I guess we all
experienced that data is less safe on those medias.

Never experienced data loss with USB or SD-cards. The most common problem are users not using "safely remove". Another is ignoring low battery in digital foto devices, causing corrupt file systems by power loss during saving a picture.

I experienced floppy disk as very safe, I still own some as old as a
T-Rex, even high density disks that were used with averaged double
density drives are still ok.

I cannot share your experience. Data loss on floppy discs caused a lot of expensive time in my life. 10 years ago I saved them all on HDD and threw them away.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer