Re: User unable to umount

On Thu, 30 May 2013 11:50:06 +0200
Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:

> I do not use gvs (nor any g*) because of dependdencies and I do not trust it.
>
> As a grpahical tool I use smb4k, but it seems unable to do kerberos
> authentication nor automatically mount a mount point at start of
> session

 Hi.

Looks like you've been hit by Debian bug #660431:

Basically, umount.cifs and possibly other umount helpers are
deliberately broken upstream to comply with some obscure systemd design
oddity.

A workaround seems to be:

a) umount cifs filesystem
b) remove symlink /etc/mtab
c) create an empty file /etc/mtab
d) mount cifs filesystem

In my case I said 'screw this', and started using smbnetfs, which:

a) Definitely can be used without root and /etc/fstab entries.
b) Features automatic mounting and un-mounting cifs filesystems.

Reco