Re: Changing to lvm from ext4

To Ro:

> After reading all the comments and guiding help I am feeling inclined
> towards this late solution: clean new install and later addition of old
> data.

That is probably the easiest and least risky way to do it.

> The reason why I want lvm (first time I am seriously considering it
> after many years of going other ways ) is the set of stated benefits that
> it has with respect to other file systems, specially  during addition of
> new space, etc.

I thought I had already mentioned it in my other mail: LVM is not a
filesystem. It is a means to manage storage space independently from the
devices.

Usually I am a big proponent of LVM even on desktops or laptops with
only a single disk. But users should understand the basic concepts
because you can easily destroy your data with LVM tools.

J.
--
If I could have anything in the world it would have to be more money.
[Agree]   [Disagree]