Re: Changing to lvm from ext4

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Bonno Bloksma <b.bloksma@tio.nl> wrote:
Hi,

And, as always when making such drastic changes..... make sure you have a VALID BACKUP. SO make the backup and test it.
Unless you have a highly modified setup it might also be just easier to do a clean install and restore the data from backup.

Bonno Bloksma

After reading all the comments and guiding help I am feeling inclined towards this late solution: clean new install and later addition of old data. The reason why I want lvm (first time I am seriously considering it after many years of going other ways ) is the set of stated benefits that it has with respect to other file systems, specially  during addition of new space, etc.