Re: SOLVED Re: after upgrade, cannot su or sudo

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 09:51:26PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > > Check 'sudo -l' to list the user's sudo status dump?
> >
> > User rob may run the following commands on this host:
> >     (ALL) ALL
>
> That doesn't seem sufficient for Wheezy.  I don't see secure_path in
> that output for example.
>
> I don't have a pristine example but here is one from a machine of mine
> with some customization to it.
>
>   Matching Defaults entries for rwp on this host:
>       env_reset, env_keep+=HOME, env_keep+=MAIL, !lecture, !fqdn, secure_path=/usr/local/sbin\:/usr/local/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin\:/sbin\:/bin
>
>   User rwp may run the following commands on this host:
>       (ALL) ALL
>
> Since I don't see secure_path in your output I worry that it is
> missing.  That will cause PATH to be incorrect.  This is a change from
> Squeeze 6 to Wheezy 7.
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=639841

Sorry, I didn't include the entire output last time.  Here it is:

Matching Defaults entries for rob on this host:
    env_reset, mail_badpass,
    secure_path=/usr/local/sbin\:/usr/local/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin\:/sbin\:/bin

User rob may run the following commands on this host:
    (ALL) ALL
    (root) NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown

Anyway, everything's been working well for a week now.  Thanks for the hints.

-Rob