git-buildpackage

Hello.

Originally I authored this message for the developer of git-buildpackage, but then I realized that I have no idea how many such inquiries he might receive, so I'd better not send one more.

I am a huge fan of git, and debian, so I really like the idea of git-buildpackage.  I've even used it to build some unreleased debian packages locally.

Presently I'm trying to use it to build ikiwiki, this time with a change of my own.

I am under the impression that the ikiwiki dev uses gbp himself.  So this should be easy, right?

I believe that the source of my trouble is that 1) I don't have any experience building packages *without* gbp and 2) the gpb documentation is written for those who would like to migrate to gpb from other build tools.

Here is the problem I'm currently facing:
    hobbes@metalbaby:~/src-e2/iw/git.ikiwiki.info$ git-dch
    gbp:error: Version 3.20130505 not found

My changes are in branch 3.20130515d, which I created.  (from master.)

Would you recommend some documentation?

I am sure that I am "holding the thing backwards" in some way.

Thanks, cheers,
--Dave