Re: how to avoid download during debian installation.

Hello,

David Christensen a écrit :

> I set up an Approx server for my SOHO LAN:
>
>      http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/approx
>
> It feeds i386 and amd64 boxes running Squeeze and Wheezy.
> I built it with a ~7 GB /var partition that is nearly full, so you might
> want to go with something larger.
>
> Here is the Approx configuration file on the server:
>
>      2013-05-11 12:31:19 dpchrist@approx ~
>      $ cat /etc/approx/approx.conf | grep -v '#' | grep .
>      debian           http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian
>      debian-backports http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports
>      security         http://security.debian.org/debian-security
>      virtualbox       http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox
>
> Here is the Apt configuration file on a Squeeze i386 client:
>
>      2013-05-11 12:32:30 dpchrist@desktop ~
>      $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list | grep -v '#' | grep .
>      deb http://approx:9999/debian/ squeeze main
>      deb-src http://approx:9999/debian/ squeeze main
>      deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
>      deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
>      deb http://approx:9999/debian/ squeeze-updates main
>      deb-src http://approx:9999/debian/ squeeze-updates main

The client is not using approx for security updates. Why ?

> When building a fresh client, at the screen where it asks you for a
> network mirror, scroll to the top, select "manual" (or whatever it's
> called), and enter "approx:9999" for the server.

I do the same but the Debian installer does not allow to manually select
a mirror for security updates, so I have to disable them and edit
sources.list after the installation. This makes the installation process
longer than required as some outdated packets are installed from approx
first and must be updated afterwards.