Re: Nvidia fx 3500 screen flicking on CLI and Wheeze desktop

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
On 5/11/2013 8:41 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> i think i resolve the issue but make changes in Xorg.conf file however i do
> not know what i write in the conf file i just copy and paste below data to
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>  Section "Monitor"
>  ModelName "Acer AL1914"

This is what I was asking for, not the model of the computer.  Is Acer
AL1914 the LCD screen you have?  If so, it is 19" not 14" and is not all
that old, about 7 years.  It has a single DB-15 D-Sub connector, and max
1280x1024 resolution at 32 bpp.  Monitor obsolescence occurs much more
slowly than PCs so age isn't much of an issue.  The Samsung SyncMaster
940BW I'm using right now I acquired in 2007.  It's not much newer than
yours.  It is a 19" widescreen with DVI and D-Sub, 1440x900 at 32 bpp.

Nope it is not an Acer Model nor 19 inch it is 14 in del Monitor and i am working on 1024x789 setting and it is working fine.