Re: Nvidia fx 3500 screen flicking on CLI and Wheeze desktop

i think i resolve the issue but make changes in Xorg.conf file however i do not know what i write in the conf file i just copy and paste below data to /etc/X11/xorg.conf

root@homelab:~# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
 # nvidia-settings: version 1.0 (pbuilder@c203) Tue May 18 07:56:38 UTC 2010

 Section "ServerLayout"
 Identifier "Layout0"
 Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
 InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
 InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
 Option "Xinerama" "0"
 EndSection

 Section "Files"
 EndSection

 Section "InputDevice"
 # generated from default
 Identifier "Mouse0"
 Driver "mouse"
 Option "Protocol" "auto"
 Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
 EndSection

 Section "InputDevice"
 # generated from default
 Identifier "Keyboard0"
 Driver "kbd"
 EndSection

 Section "Monitor"
 # HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
 Identifier "Monitor0"
 VendorName "Unknown"
 ModelName "Acer AL1914"
 HorizSync 30.0 - 80.0
 VertRefresh 60.0 - 75.0
 Option "DPMS"
 EndSection

 Section "Device"
 Identifier "Device0"
 Driver "nvidia"
 VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
 BoardName "GeForce GT 240"
 EndSection

 Section "Screen"
 Identifier "Screen0"
 Device "Device0"
 Monitor "Monitor0"
 DefaultDepth 24
 Option "TwinView" "0"
 Option "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "CRT-0"
 Option "metamodes" "1280x1024 +0+0"
 SubSection "Display"
 Depth 24
 EndSubSection
 EndSection
root@homelab:~#

can anyone tell me why it worked. it took my whole day. why it is so hard for a user to use GUI in linux. i love debian linux but in GUI it is really pain (finding the right driver, patching kernal ETC) if things are that much easy as in Microsoft i think linux can rule the Desktop world as it is the best choice of server side.

but please do explain me , anyone , why above configuration work for me, even my card model is deifferent still my moniter is unknown.
my hardware model is "Dell 460 workstation with nvidia fx3500"

Thanks