Re: How to create a i386 deb from rpm on an amd64 system

Le 26.04.2013 19:39, Johann Spies a écrit :
I want to convert iscan rpm (an Epson scanner driver) to a deb.  This
driver only works on i386 systems.

I have installed multiarch on my system but it seems that there is no
alien that can do the job on my system.

Alternatively, I have an old deb of this package but dpkg complains
there is a duplicate 'Architecture' line in the control file.  Using
mc I could copy the control file from the package to /tmp/ and edit
it, but I could not put it back.  How can I correct the control file
in the debian package?

Regards
Johann

Since Hugo gave explanations that I think should work (I would otherwise have gave you the advice to simply uncompress all stuff in a folder, fix the file, and then to use dpkg-deb to rebuild the package...) I will simply give you some hint about what to search for the conversion of a rmp package into a deb one:

#aptitude install alien
$man alien

Have fun :)