Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
A little bit OT:

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 04:49 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
Adobe Reader

Why not using document viewer, aka Evince or something else? I'm not
against proprietary software, drivers etc., but I'm using Linux for good
reasons and I don't know why I should install any software from Adobe.
Flash 11.2 is outdated, current version is 11.7 and even Firfox already
does play many flash stuff without a plugin. Adobe reader easily can be
replaced. IIRC somebody once mentioned an option that might be not
available by Evince, but IIRC by some other FLOSS app.

Is there a reason to use Adobe Reader?

One thing perhaps wasn't clear. I was referring to my Windows experience. I'm using an _older_ copy of Ghostview as my primary viewer and occasionally I need an Adobe feature. I have been holding off selecting a new viewer until I complete my move to Debian.