Re: Dist-upgrade or upgrade. Which?

On Sunday 21 April 2013 17:03:18 Chris Bannister wrote:
> Using dist-upgrade can
> remove half your sysytem before you can say OMG!

I use aptitude not apt-get, so cannot comment on apt-get, but the "aptitude
full-upgrade" command does nothing without asking first, so there is no
question of it removing "half your system before you can say OMG".  I
therefore only use safe upgrade when I want to do at least a partial upgrade
but do not want something specific removed which full-upgrade is threatening
to remove.

Lisi