Re: Dist-upgrade or upgrade. Which?

I always use dist-upgrade but there's not a lot a choose. Upgrade upgrades installed packages while dist-upgrade can make more significant changes. Once Wheezy becomes stable the two should do the same thing. However, I prefer to stay in the habit of using dist-upgrade (or full-upgrade for aptitude).

As for staying with Wheezy, why? I normally wait 3 - 6 months then switch to the new testing. This gives the developers time to fix the teething problems with all the new stuff that was held from Wheezy while it was being stabilized. By the time Wheezy becomes "stable", the rest of the Linux world has moved on.

Testing is what would be released with most other Linux distros. Unless you need the rock-solid stability of stable, i'd recommend spending most of your time with testing.