Re: rootfs

> I am, as a matter of fact, subscribed to the FHS list.  If you read
> the specification, you'll see that it does not in any way require
> /usr to be a *mountpoint*; it can be located on the root filesystem
> without any problems.  It's actually the default partitioning method.
>

> Do you have any concrete reasons to have /usr separate from / ?

You need to look at the rootfs section, having them separate makes what
should be the most critical filesystem (rootfs) 100s! of times larger
and that quite rightly contradicts the spec (good reasons are mentioned
but some more benefits of this practice could be included however).

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)