Re: setting the system mail location

On 04/20/2013 02:47 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 02:39:12PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 04/20/2013 02:19 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
My system mail is getting sent to $HOME/Mail/mbox instead of to
/var/spool/mail/rob.  I may have set that on purpose a long time ago,
but I don't remember.  I'd like it to go to the normal mail spool now.
How do I set that?

-Rob

Check /etc/aliases and/or man 5 aliases

Thanks for the tip, but that wasn't it.

I found that the problem was my .procmailrc file.  I didn't realize that
got called for each incoming message.  I thought maybe it had to be
called from fetchmail (which I had disabled), but I was wrong about
that.  So anyway, problem solved.

Glad you solved it.  I have not used procmail for so long I forgot about it.

HAND!