Re: what's your Debian uptime?

Am 18.04.2013 um 20:33 schrieb Bob Proulx:

Kevin Chadwick wrote:
Well I wouldn't go that far but I have taken the insert of a matchbox
cut a slot in it and stuck it over the power button so that when
reaching round the back there is no way of holding it down by accident.

Protecting the power switch from accidentally switching off is good
operating practice.  I wouldn't consider that unusual at all.

It reminds me of another humorous story...  Remember that comedy is
someone else's tragedy.

[nice power off story]

Here is my story:

In 1992 I worked late after usual office hours on my laptop (an IBM 386) connected to the power supply and battery removed (to save lifetime of the battery).

Then the cleaning woman stepped in and asked: "May I vacuum clean the room?" I gave OK.

Then the screen of my laptop suddenly darkened. She pulled out the cable of the next power outlet to plug in the vacuum cleaner. But she unplugged the cable of my laptop.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer