Re: Unexpected results attempting to install Squeeze(6.0.5) to USB flash drive

On 04/18/2013 02:43 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
agroconsultor0 wrote:
On 04/16/2013 12:46 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
CAUTION: My goal does *NOT* resemble a normal install

I want to do a full install to a USB flash drive (thumb
drive). I am not looking to run the installer ISO from the
flash drive. I do not want a "LIVE install" with or
without persistence.

Due to constraints of another personal project I first
investigated using LILO as bootloader. I made several
tries and always ended up in some sort of CLI shell.

If it had happened when you boot, it could be that Lilo in
Debian is not configured to shows a list. It gives you 5
seconds before boots.

It remained at a shell prompt for several minutes.

Do you have some text on the screen? if you want, please post lilo.conf. or expand the explanation.

*QUESTION:* Before I start a futile trouble shooting
procedure, is LILO known to work when installed from the
Debian 6.0.5 set of DVDs?

Yes, i use it with Stable and Testing; multi-boot and single
boot, desktop and servers. it can be installed on every
partition's MBR.

Can I undestand that you were able to use LILO by installing it from the Squeeze Debian Installer menu?
Or did you use LILO from another source?

Yes, i am able to install it from Stable and Testing netinstall and CDs menu at the end of installation, one line down install grub, i have not tried it from DVD.