Re: dbus - Was: A thread that shouldn't be mentioned anymore

Le 13/04/2013 19:39, Kevin Chadwick a écrit :
DBus isn't a problem per se, it just can cause issues, when implemented
without thinking about the needs of all users?
Right but it's actually much worse than that. Take mozilla firefox even
which may or may not have been changed due to me bringing it up on the
dev-security list. Without dbus in a chroot it would die, the reason
was handling it's text configuration files, which is obviously
rediculously pointless and I assume with some confidence, actually quite
dumb.

Same thing for emacs-gtk. Compiled with gconf (but is it possible otherwise) thus it sends error messages without dbus, whereas it does not need it.