Re: debian-6.0.7-amd64 how to set resolution and refresh for free NVIDIA X drivers?

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

> I tried my hand at writing the simplest xorg.conf I could -- every time the
> screen turned black and I was effectively locked out.  (Apparently,
> Ctrl+Alt+Backspace no longer kills X servers, nor does any of the other
> keystrokes I tried; nor could I switch to another console.

You need

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option          "DontZap"               "false"
EndSection

in xorg.conf. But if ctrl+alt+Fx did not change the console, it might
not work either.

>I don't have or want sshd, so push the reset button...)

Kind of silly thing to not want if you are testing things that make
your system inaccessible from the console.

Cheers,
Kelly