Re: Scratchy sound with debian wheezy on ASUS A73B series

I have been getting this on various machines (FX890 Chipsets(AMD),
Sandybridge Machines - others) with all recent kernels from around 3.1
onwards. There must have been a commit affecting the snd_hda_intel
driver as this is the commonality between them.

Trying to bisect what comit  will be difficult. There are several
module params to try and it appears to be something to do with buffers
as the issue only seems to crop up at the start of audio streams. I.e
if I fast forward/play another stream etc then it seems to right
itself.

There are several module parms you can try to resolve the issue if
this is the same:

parm:           index:Index value for Intel HD audio interface. (array of int)
parm:           id:ID string for Intel HD audio interface. (array of charp)
parm:           enable:Enable Intel HD audio interface. (array of bool)
parm:           model:Use the given board model. (array of charp)
parm:           position_fix:DMA pointer read method.(-1 = system
default, 0 = auto, 1 = LPIB, 2 = POSBUF, 3 = VIACOMBO, 4 = COMBO).
(array of int)
parm:           bdl_pos_adj:BDL position adjustment offset. (array of int)
parm:           probe_mask:Bitmask to probe codecs (default = -1).
(array of int)
parm:           probe_only:Only probing and no codec initialization.
(array of int)
parm:           jackpoll_ms:Ms between polling for jack events
(default = 0, using unsol events only) (array of int)
parm:           single_cmd:Use single command to communicate with
codecs (for debugging only). (bool)
parm:           enable_msi:Enable Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) (bint)
parm:           power_save:Automatic power-saving timeout (in second,
0 = disable). (xint)
parm:           power_save_controller:Reset controller in power save
mode. (bool)
parm:           align_buffer_size:Force buffer and period sizes to be
multiple of 128 bytes. (bint)
parm:           snoop:Enable/disable snooping (bool)