Re: Wheezy amd64 XFCE how to burn Blu-Ray (BD-R )discs?

On 03/17/13 03:01, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Is the BD medium mountable and fully readable afterwards ?

I don't know -- I cut the discs in half and threw them away. I don't feel like making more.

I am using an old LG GGC-H20L and a newer Optiarc BD-5300S,
It is also possible that an individual drive is bad or goes bad.
It is even possible that it goes bad temporarily. (This happens
with my Optiarc BD-5300S when i insert a CD. Afterwards it spoils
BD in a very reliable way. Power-off power-on repairs it. Shrug.)

Yuck.

Gary Dale states that Brasero is supposed to support BD.
Get the newest available version and give it a try.
(That would be a version from Debian wheezy or sid, i assume.)

My Wheezy has Brasero version 2.30.3. I'm not going to install non-Wheezy packages.

Alternatively you could tell me what files you want to have in
an ISO 9660 filesystem on that BD so that i can compose a xorriso
run for you. (I know, command line is not comfortable. But it is
powerful.)

Please don't bother.

David