Re: Installation failed

On 2013/3/1 4:41 PM, Go Linux wrote:
--- On Fri, 3/1/13, Mark Filipak wrote:

I'm afraid it's install Linux on a USB thumb drive or
nothing.

Duh . . . How about installing on an external hard
drive?

That would be nice, but that would be on USB also...

The problem is not with USB.  The problem is flash vs hard drive.  AFAIK you CAN install grub2 to a hard drive and boot from it.  I've done quite a bit of reading but haven't tried it yet because I have no pressing need.

The problem *is* with USB. As I replied in a different branch of this thread, attempted installation onto a USB hard disk also failed in exactly the same way.

I'd say, back to square-1, but it looks like square-0 to me.

- Mark.