Re: Installation failed

On 2013/3/1 3:29 PM, Go Linux wrote:
--- On Fri, 3/1/13, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Installation failed
To: "Shane Johnson" <sdj@rasmussenequipment.com>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Friday, March 1, 2013, 2:12 PM

I'm afraid it's install Linux on a USB thumb drive or
nothing.

Duh . . . How about installing on an external hard drive?

That would be nice, but that would be on USB also...

The Debian Live USB is acting like a CD. That's fine, I can
boot from it. But I can't configure it (different wallpaper,
for example) and I can't install anything (Icedove, for
example). Do you
know of any way to do that?

You can install to USB with 'persistence' - an additional writable partition - which will allow some user changes to be retained.

If I could install to USB, I'd do just that. My problem is that I can't install to USB.