Re: I wish to advocate linux --pclos from flash

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 12:13:59PM -0500, Tom H wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
> > There are instructions for making a boot flash-drive here:
> >
> > http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,80917.0.html
>
> Thanks but these instructions are for creating an installation flash
> drive on Linux - and they're well hidden. So it's a fail from the
> perspective of the person criticizing distributions for not providing
> readily-available Windows instructions for creating one.

Last time I used an Ubuntu live cd, there was a big old "install to USB
stick" button either on the desktop or in an easily accessible menu.
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have to look too hard to
find it.  Anybody know for sure if Ubuntu still has that?

So while it's not Debian, it is a very easy way to tesk out a Linux
distribution.

-Rob