Re: I wish to advocate linux

* On 2013 27 Feb 14:53 -0600, Mark Filipak wrote:

> The only result of my attempted installations has been cryptic error
> messages and non-bootable disks.

That sounds more like a disk writing failure.  I've gotten a few
coasters in my years that didn't do things quite right.

> I have asked for help over the period of 15 years and
> Linux-knuckleheads have offered none.  All I've ever gotten is
> platitudes and "Windoze sucks!"

Did you get your FreeBSD installation going?  It looks lke there was a
lot of enthusiastic help that should have gotten you going.  The thread
seems to end on 19 April 2002 at 4:58 PM CDT without another reply from
you.  Perhaps the archive is truncated but I did not see any untoward
attitude displayed by the folks on the freebsd-questions list.

Here is another idea for you to get some experience.  Try doing an
installation in Virtual Box.  You can try it as many times as you want.
Just remove the virtual machine from the Virtual Box GUI, saying yes to
remove all files and then start over taking another crack at things.

- Nate