Re: I wish to advocate linux

* On 2013 27 Feb 14:25 -0600, Mark Filipak wrote:

> What a nonsensical statement. I've never successfully installed any
> distribution of Linux.

Not even on an empty hard drive on commodity x86 hardware?  I find this
admission so absurd that I can't get my head around it.  Although, your
definition of "successful" may be different than mine.  I define
"successful" as the OS booting to a login prompt after installation,
either GUI or character.

> what? That's absurd. The only people I know who have their OS
> installed at a shop are Apple users.

Perhaps in your circle that is true.  I doubt that is so the world over
as I've heard from plenty of folk that had MS Windows reinstalled at a
shop.

> Look, I asked for help. Then things got out of hand. Some Linux people
> seem to have a bad attitude.

Well, when everyone you meet has a bad attitude, that is an interesting
observation.  I presume that I have a bad attitude as well.  :-D

- Nate