Re: I wish to advocate linux

On 2013/2/27 3:34 PM, Go Linux wrote:
--- On Wed, 2/27/13, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm someone who started computing on
IBM-360s in the 1970s, who progressed to HP3000-SPL and
PDP11s and UNIX and Solaris and MS-DOS and MS-Windows. I
played with Xenix, Minix and even BE-OS. I've never
successfully installed any distribution of Linux. I don't
know why, but when I tried to read the documentation I gave
up. The documentation was simultaneously dumb and obtuse and
way too wordy. So I concluded that Linux is a hobbiest OS
without much real-world use.

  From your responses, it seems the situation has not
changed. - Mark.

Well, I am a liberal arts educated 70-something (and female to boot) without a technical computer background like yours to brag about.  I am just a lowly user with a curiosity and willingness to learn. I have also been very stubborn in my quest to dump windoze FOREVER! I have absolutely no problem installing Linux, editing configuration files etc. If I run up against a problem, I LEARN rather than whine and find reasons why I can't do it.  We are obviously two very different personalities. I posit that your problem with Linux is YOU!

What are you doing here? You obviously don't care about helping people.