Sharing /home between multiple installs [was: Re: Sharing mail data]

On Sb, 09 feb 13, 15:12:13, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Mount /home as an extra separate partition on all of the systems.
> Then the path will be the same.  A disadvantage of this can be if
> different versions of the same tools fight each other such as having
> different versions of GNOME on the different systems.

I'm doing this between sid and (usually) stable (now wheezy). When the
"other" install was still on squeeze I only had issues with xbmc,
chromium and getmail[1], but I admit I use a lot of text applications.

[1] I could go into details if someone is interested

Kind regards,
Andrei