opening an Iceweasel link from Icedove

This may have been answered previously but I couldn't find any info on it -- when I click on a link in Icedove, it will open Iceweasel to that link (provided of course it is a valid link). However when I try to go home (which is facebook) iceweasel seems to hang. Clicking a bookmark does nothing. If I minimize Iceweasel then try to maximize it -- I will eventually get a message Iceweasel has stopped responding and I can wait or force a close. If I make chrome my default browser -- this does not occur. Running Debian weezy(?). I have 4g memory on a dell optiplex 755 (standard on board video for that motherboard) Iceweasel is 10.0.11. Any ideas as to the cause? Please don't suggest chrome -- I much prefer Icedove as my main browser.

John