Re: Sharing mail data

On 09/02/13 01:38 PM, Frank wrote:

On 02/09/2013 06:23 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:

I am running several Linux distributions on my machine - Debian
sid on one, Ubuntu on another and two versions of Fedora on a 3rd
and 4th partition.

Is there a way to reliably share the mail data in Thunderbird ?
When I point the <hidden> .thunderbird directory on another
partition via a symlink to the one on the Debian Sid partition, the
mail directories get re-written when T'bird closes to reflect the
fact the Debian parition is mounted as /media/sda2. If I tell
Thunderbird on another partition to load its profile from the
Debian partition it still seems to read and write mail from the
.thunderbird directory on the partition it was run fromt.

I am looking for a way to tell T'bird to only deal with the
.thunderbird directory on Debian sid, no matter which partition it
is run from.

Googling the problem only seems to turn up help to share data
between Linux and Windows..not between Linux and Linux.

Why don't you store your emails on an imap server? Maybe I didn't
catch it...

Best
Frank

Well I was hoping there would be a simple way to tell Thunderbird to read/write from mail data on another partition. Maybe that's not possible ?

--
Cheers
Frank