Re: how to get missing multimedia packages

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Rob Owens wrote:

I recommend you use the third-party deb-multimedia repository for those
packages.  I have them both installed from that repo and I've never had
any problems.  In fact, that repo has never given me any problems.  Of
course I'd prefer if I could get everything I want from Debian's main
repo, but currently that's not possible for me.

  I was rather reluctant to use a repo relying on only one man, but for the
  moment that seems easier than trying to compile every missing program.
  Do you have a preference file to set the priorities of debian /
  deb-multimedia repos? And if yes, what is its content?

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel