Re: how to get missing multimedia packages

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 02:49:22PM +0100, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Rob Owens wrote:
>
> >I recommend you use the third-party deb-multimedia repository for those
> >packages.  I have them both installed from that repo and I've never had
> >any problems.  In fact, that repo has never given me any problems.  Of
> >course I'd prefer if I could get everything I want from Debian's main
> >repo, but currently that's not possible for me.
>
>   I was rather reluctant to use a repo relying on only one man, but for the
>   moment that seems easier than trying to compile every missing program.
>   Do you have a preference file to set the priorities of debian /
>   deb-multimedia repos? And if yes, what is its content?

Just be aware that if you strike any bugs and any dmo packages are
involved, it will be closed without any further ado. The deb-multimedia
repository is toxic to a healthy wheezy system. Take it from me,
I spent ages cleaning up my system when I installed a usual Debian
package and encountered deb-multimedia's versioning fiasco.

To top it all the maintainer of deb-multimedia seems to have no interest
with working with the pkg-multimedia team. :(

oppressing." --- Malcolm X