Re: Incorrect time stamps after files copied to Debian Squeeze

Juan R. de Silva wrote:
> I am copying files from my Olimpus Voice Recorder to PC which have
> corresponding time stamps on recorder.
>
> When I copy files to my Ubuntu 10.04 the time stamps preserved exactly as
> they are on Voice Recorder.
>
> However after files copied to Debian Sqeeze, the system changes the time
> stamps, e.g. the file recorded at 18:24:50 (or 06:24:50PM) on Squeeze
> have time stamp of 10:24:50 (or 10:24:50AM). The date is preserved.

How are you copying those files?  You don't say.  How can we know?

> Both system are configured to use UTC, update time from Internet, and
> otherwise not messing times in any way.

The times that you show are exactly eight hours apart.  That smells
like a timezone difference.

> Could anybody help me with this, please?

First please tell us what you are doing.  Then we might be able to
help.

Bob