Re: What are some common problems when using Debian GNU / LINUX?

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:01:37 +0100, <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
my wishes are not to start a war here

We could save time and uproar, if we simply link to already existing flame wars :D.

My apologies, I guess we are to OT for the OP. @ the OP: don't worry about what we were talking about.

OT: Speaking for myself, installing a new minimal Debian is interesting. Regarding to the Debian BSD port, I finished a port update for a FreeBSD install (not Debian) and run into minor, but annoying issues, that seemingly are taken over from Linux, so I easily could fix some issues, others are still not fixed yet, since I'm a FreeBSD beginner.

Again @ the OP: I guess the resume for you is, that there's only one common issue. Before you buy new hardware, ensure that there are drivers available for that hardware.

Always keep your humor, if something ever should be fishy. Others and me often behaved like idiots in the past, this only is time consuming and does cause stress.

Regards,
Ralf