Re: What are some common problems when using Debian GNU / LINUX?

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 08:08:21 +0100, Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:
<SNIP> it also
caused that the mailing list became moderated and some users were
completely banned from the list.<SNIP>

If you mean 'this' mailing list been moderated, my guess is you are
mistaken. And are you positive about people being blacklisted? That
would be pretty bad, dont you think?

No, we off-topic were talking about Arch Linux and I don't like it, that some users were banned, reps. I might be mistaken, perhaps for a long time just one user is banned and it's not me ;). However, it was about the advantage that Debian isn't a rolling release. OTOH the rolling release Arch has got other advantages, that are missing for Debian.

IMO a rolling release as Arch Linux is for experienced users, since a default install even doesn't install X and even less hard transitions need some interaction.

A disadvantage for Debian compared to Arch IMO is, that Debian e.g. installs and starts all kinds of services, installs all kinds of apps etc. a user might not need.