Re: Install from DVD set

Le 15.01.2013 17:22, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:10:45 +0100, <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
Le 15.01.2013 15:12, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
If you now will install a package with dependencies, Synaptic will
ask you  to insert Disc x of y, IOW you now are a DJ ;).

Maybe he can make some iso files from DVD, auto mount them at start-up, to avoid to become Charlie Chaplin of computers? :D

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-to-mount-iso-image-under-linux.html

I don't have synaptic at hand right now, I don't know if it's
possible to  add loop device or repositories on an internal hard disk
to  synaptic's/apt's repos.

Since everything is a file, I think it is doable. AFAIK, apt simply checks mounted points for a specific image.