Install from DVD set

I've a machine on which I've installed Debian Squeeze from the 8 DVD set. During installation I did not chose the option to scan DVD's 2-8.

Questions:
1. After an install completed, how do I scan the other 7 DVD's so Synaptic knows about all available packages? 2. I know I've seen the answer _somewhere_. How could I've found the answer myself {using search function of debian.org and wiki.debian.org was unproductive)? 3. As I'm doing a number of test installs to the same machine, I'm using preseeding. How do I force the installer to ask if additional CD's are to be scanned? Manual input during a preseeded install is obviously possible as the installer will fall back to manual if there is missing required input.

TIA